Translate

Friday, September 26, 2014

Word of the Week ~ September 26, 2014

My Word of the Week is:


Remaining optimistic despite the horrific week I had last week definitely paid off BIG TIME!  It also proved to me, yet again, that if we change the way we look at things the things we look at will also change.  It is truly an amazing philosophy that works.  This week is proof of that!


 

Monday morning could not have started out better even if I had planned it.  It all began with a shocking discovery...the person whose friend request I had recently accepted on Facebook was NOT my cousin's wife after all.  They live in Florida and this woman just commented on one of my posts that she is in Pennsylvania.  That could only mean one thing I thought to myself as my investigative reporter instincts kicked into high gear and I began stalking her Facebook page.


It took some digging and patience and despite the "About Me" section being blank, I finally found a post she had written.  It was about my beloved New York Giants and I figured this was my opportunity to start up a conversation and get some answers to see if my hunch was indeed correct.  Lo and behold, after we commented back and forth a few times she wrote, "Did your Dad call you yet?"


Indeed my hunch was correct, she was my father's wife.  My father that I have been searching for.  Which meant that he did receive the letter I had sent to his last known address otherwise she wouldn't have known my married name or how to spell my first name.  We chatted back and forth via Facebook instant messaging and email for about four hours straight that morning and continued to chat on and off throughout the day until she had to leave work. 


My Dad and I on July 5, 1993

That was the closest I have been to my father in several years, before we lost contact with one another for a second time, only this time for different reasons.  I had flown back east 21 years ago to meet him for the first time after being swept away from him when I was only five years old.  I was 21 years old at the time and neither of us were very good at keeping in touch.  And on Monday, September 22, 2014 my search finally ended!


I called their home phone that evening but all I got was their voice mail but it was definitely his voice.  As I was leaving a message I began to cry for many reasons and felt like a bumbling idiot. Unfortunately, it is one of those things in life we don't get a do over with as there was no way to delete it and start over again.  


Every day this week Cindy, my step-mother, and I have chatted.  She even sent me a picture of the two of them which I cherish dearly.  It was definitely my Daddy, 21 years older, but definitely him.  She also told me on Tuesday that my Dad would be calling me Friday evening. So needless to say this has been a VERY long week.  Here it is FINALLY Friday and the day can't pass soon enough.


Today is also my husband, Kenny, and I's five month wedding anniversary.  Neither of us can believe it has been five months already! Time has definitely flown by in a flash...


Oh yeah, on Tuesday I received a letter in the mail with the best news in the world...something I have been praying to get good news about, for a change, for over four months now.  I can't go into details because it has been a blog post in the making and I'm thinking I will finally get to finish it with, a happy ending, in the very near future!


Still ecstatically waiting for that phone call, only about four or five hours to go now... 



© 2014 Lysa Wilds





#WotW

Word of the Week 9/26/14





No comments:

Post a Comment