Translate

Friday, March 7, 2014

The Waiting Game...

My doctor requires his patients to check in 15 minutes before their appointment time.  I have no problem with that.  What really irritates me is that here it is 15 minutes past my appointment time and I'm still waiting on him.  I've been here for 30 minutes now and I'm over this and ready to go home now.
     The appointment all together shouldn't be loner than 30 minutes. I have very little patience to begin with but when I'm feeling like crap the last thing I want to do is sit in a doctor’s office and wait for an eternity. 
     The time keeps ticking forward and my blood pressure is rising and my patience is running thinner.  I didn't see an ambulance outside so there obviously isn't an emergency he’s attending to.
     I just find it rude to have me just sit here waiting.  If I would have been 15 minutes late they wouldn't have seen me at all and I would have been charged $25 for a missed appointment.
     Here it is 25minutes past my appointment and I'm still waiting.  Oh wait, I hear him at the door of the exam room...yep he just knocked. 
     So after 40 minutes of waiting to be seen I've been referred to a neurologist and a nutritionist and had to have blood drawn as well.  I still have no answers as to why I came in here for in the first place. So now on to round two of the waiting game that I despise so very much!

©2014 Lysa Wilds


No comments:

Post a Comment