Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2014

My #WOtW is...Optimistic

After a long reflection on the week I have had, and let me tell you it was one of THOSE weeks, it was an obvious choice that my Word Of The Week had to be optimistic.


It began Sunday when my disease, RSD, flared up yet again and I found myself stuck in my bed until Thursday.  I was unable to bear weight on my feet and had some neurological side effects as well and my body went into what I call "shut down" mode and I truly slept all that time.  All I can do when this happens is go with it because there is nothing else that can be done.  I am not writing this for sympathy just as a release and the fact that we are suppose to write about our week...lol  If you have questions about my disease you can read about it here in a blog post I wrote about it a few months back What Exactly is RSD? or you are more than welcome to ask me about it. 

Tuesday when my husband's direct deposit was scheduled to go through to our checking account it was only 20 cents.  No I am not kidding it really was 20 cents.  The company is STILL trying to figure out what went wrong there.  Thankfully we stocked up on groceries the week before or we would be starving right about now.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday there wasn't any work for my husband due to the horrible rain storms we have been having here in Arizona.  That did not help with the 20 cent pay check one bit. He has missed quite a bit of work this past month due to the bizarre weather system that is hovering over us.  However, he was able to work Monday for 12 hours and Friday for 12 hours so that is a blessing.

I am in the process of grieving an incredible loss in my life and have been for the past few months and this week has taken everything I have in me to get through it.  There have been many tears and all the stress adds to my disease flaring up.  But I did make it through the week and that is a MAJOR accomplishment!

My blog just reached 5,000 page views a few weeks back and for some reason Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I had more pageviews than ever before around 400 for the weekend and am now looking at 5,912 pageviews.  I do not know what I did but I need to figure it out so I can do it again that is for sure.

Then last night before going to bed I was playing a game on my cell phone and won unlimited lives for 30 minutes and that made my evening!  These games are so addictive and only give you five lives at a time then you have to beg friends for more lives and wait anywhere from two minutes to 30 minutes to get new lives.  Oh, there is the option of buying more lives but I cannot justify that even if I had all the money in the world.

Today started off as a really good day then I spilled my Iced Caramel Macchiato and wanted to cry and it just went downhill from there.  I am an Avon Representative and was trying to pay my invoice and somehow screwed it up and they are refunding the $55.05 in the form of a check and it will take 7 to 10 business days for them to do that.  My incredibly amazing husband is not speaking to me now and I don't blame him that was a big screw up on my part.  I am finishing this post and climbing back into bed so that after my nap I can be OPTIMISTIC that next week WILL be better!


Copyright © 2014 Lysa Wilds








No comments:

Post a Comment