Translate

Friday, March 28, 2014

Stop This Ride I Want Off!!!!

Being the parent of two teenage daughters is a lot like being Bi-Polar; ups, downs, highs, lows, giggles to tears in an instant, and not wanting to get out of bed to face them and the drama.  It’s enough to make a sane person seek professional help!
            I struggle with Bi-Polar; I have my whole life, so I personally know how the two are so very similar.  For a little over three years now I’ve been stable on my treatment plan.  The most stable I’ve ever been.  I have a wonderful team of doctors, nurses, counselors, and other staff members and we’ve been through hell and back to get me where I am today.  My life has never been better.  I can finally function like a normal person; whatever normal is.
            Then a month ago it happened…my beautiful daughters, who I love more than anything in the world, completely lost their minds.  I’m at my breaking point mentally and physically.  My doctor has increased my anxiety medicine and unfortunately told me there wasn’t a pill I could take to deal with teenage girls all the while giggling at me.
            It’s a war zone and roller coaster mixed into one in my house.  There is constant fighting between the two of them where blows have been thrown and lips have bled and then there is this horrific high pitched scream that makes my ears bleed every time.  Needless to say they are in individual counseling but no luck there; at least not yet.
            The only thing I’m certain of these days is that these monsters are not the sweet, kind, and caring young ladies I raised.  It’s been about a month since I’ve seen those young ladies.  I see my daughters every day, well at least the shell of what use to be my daughters. 

            When will this madness end?

©2014 Lysa Wilds

No comments:

Post a Comment