Translate

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

~ A Day of Bonding and Yahweh Yoga ~



Yesterday was exactly what I needed. A change in scenery, quality time with my sister, Melissa, and my awesome nephew Shelton. Most importantly, which I didn't realize at the time, was the truly amazing personal yoga class with Melissa, who recently became a Yahweh Yoga Instructor.

For those of you just like me, before Melissa started taking the classes, who have never heard of Yahweh Yoga it is a Christian based type of yoga. Yahweh is a form of the Hebrew name of God used in the Bible. The best way for me to define Yahweh Yoga to you is to quote what I read on Yahweh Yoga's website.  "Yahweh Yoga is about loving the Lord and doing what we believe he has called us to do, which is to spread His word through yoga designed to inspire intimacy with Him and to offer programs that enrich, strengthen, and empower individuals to higher levels of mind, body, and spiritual health."

As this was my first time EVER doing yoga I was a bit nervous to say the least. I was a little frightened as well because of the RSD in my feet and the chance it could bring on extreme pain, but my incredibly loving and thoughtful sister had done research on what yoga positions were the best for RSD and planned a restorative yoga session all about me and my needs both physically and emotionally.

So I sat down on my yoga mat and like I do with everything in life I gave 110% to this new experience. At first I felt awkward and insecure but I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I relaxed and caught on. For that I must give all the credit to my sister, Melissa.

We began with deep breathing and once she saw I was comfortably breathing correctly she said an opening prayer. We did several yoga poses of which I can only remember the names of two, butterfly pose and Queen's pose which is what we ended the session with along with Melissa saying the closing prayer.

When we were finished and I sat up on my yoga mat I was amazed at how wonderful I felt. I couldn't remember the last time I felt so relaxed, stress free, at peace with the world, and so alive all at the same time. It was truly an amazing experience; when I looked at the time I couldn't believe over an hour had passed it seemed like only a few minutes. If you have ever considered trying yoga and have not yet I highly suggest going for it!

Thank you Melissa for not only being such a loving and supportive sister but friend and person as well. I cannot wait to start taking your classes in the studio! Oh and sorry for the older pictures of us I do not have anything recently of just the two of us...that is something we need to fix! ;)



© 2014 Lysa Wilds

No comments:

Post a Comment