Translate

Saturday, January 25, 2014

My Two Blessings in Disguise

   
    I’m trying hard to meet my first deadline for my new freelance writing job and told Brooklynn and Kelsey they needed to clean their rooms.  Of course they don’t understand the English that I speak and obviously today neither does Kenny.  What should have only taken an hour has taken several by the ridiculous interruptions that keep occurring.  
     Really Kenny you needed my opinion on which piece of plywood was best to use for the home improvement project your working on?  Then the “Hey Mom take a picture of us with the dogs for Instagram and insert #mancation”, they were watching Ridiculousness, seriously????  Then I hear a stomping elephant in the back of the house only to realize moments later that it was Kelsey when she said “Hey Mom don’t I look cute?" She was in Brooklynn’s graduation dress and 3” heels. 
     The best was when Kenny said “Can’t you find a more comfortable place to work?” My response, “I can’t even find a quiet place to work in this circus why do you care if I’m comfortable, I’m supposed to be working.” 
       Then right as I’m pondering whether or not it’s a good time to take a break I hear my precious girls in the hallway. Brooklynn yells, “Kelsey get back here and let me teach you how to slow dance.” I smirked, the stress immediately went away along with the frustration of them not cleaning their room for once they weren't fighting or bugging me. 
      As I finish writing this I now hear Kenny sawing the plywood from the garage…I told you my life was a circus!

©2014 Lysa Wilds

No comments:

Post a Comment