Translate

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My “Blonde” Problems #2

Welcome to the second edition of My "Blonde" Problems.  Now before you all start hating on me I must admit that I am a natural blonde.  I colored my hair black several years ago because I wanted to be taken more seriously.  As you can probably tell from that statement alone, as soon as I open my mouth to speak I tend to ruin the facade almost immediately!  These problems that I speak of are the type of problems that only happen to me...or so it seems.  If you are a blonde too, you can probably agree.  Here are my most recent "blonde" problems:





The first “blonde” problem occurred while trying to finish washing our clothes the other day.  I was finally on the last load of laundry and happily placed it into the dryer only to return about an hour later to find all of the clothes still soaking wet.  I figured after shutting the dryer I had forgot to turn it on again…yes, I said again as this is a common occurrence with me.  

An hour later I returned to fetch the clothing from the dryer, yet again, only to find the clothes were still wet…perplexed as I knew I had turned it on this time I started it again and this continued for the entire day, we are talking hours here until my husband, Kenny, got home from work.  I showed him how despite trying to dry the clothes all day they were still soaking wet.  

He looked at the dryer and then me as he shook his head with a giggle and pointed to the settings.  Somehow I had it turned to air dry instead of heat.  I hung my head in defeat and said with a giggle in my voice as I walked away, “That’s it I quit!”  I mean seriously who does these type of things besides me?!?!



The next “blonde” problem of the week took place during a conversation with my husband about his military stories as well as what is going on with our military today.  I must have completely tuned him out for a brief moment because all of a sudden I had no clue what he was talking about.  So when he asked me, “Do you know what a pathfinder is?”  I didn’t want him to know I was confused and quickly answered with confidence in my voice, “Yeah, duh, like my truck?”  He looked at me in disbelief in a way he never has before and began laughing hysterically at me while I just sat there and stared at him completely puzzled by his amusement.  

Once he finally quit laughing, which seemed like an eternity, he went on to explain he was referring to a military term.  Worse than my original response came, “I was wondering what my truck had to do with your story and the military…” I quickly stopped talking once I heard what I had just said.  Yep too late to take that one back so with no other choice I began to laugh and explained I was just joking even though I wasn’t.  

He shook his head and sighed in frustration as he gave up trying to talk to me about his recent military theories.  I love the stories about his days in the military when he was stationed in Germany but the theories are foreign to me and I just do not understand them obviously.



Tune in right here at Welcome to My Circus next Tuesday where I’ll be back with more of My “Blonde” Problems.  I hope you laugh along with me, as I laugh at myself and the problems that seem to only happen to me!

xx
Lysa



© Copyright 2014 Welcome to My Circus/Lysa Wilds

All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment