Translate

Friday, October 3, 2014

Word of the Week 10/3/14

My word of the week is:


With four birthday celebrations in my family this week there was no other word that came to mind as the week was unusually uneventful.  


The birthday party celebrations kicked off on Saturday when my sister, Melissa, and my niece, (By way of foreign exchange student from Sweden living with my sister and brother-in-law.) Signe, held their milestone birthday parties together.  The BIG 40 and the tender age of 18!  What a blessing to celebrate both with them.  Signe was surprised by her host parents with a new electric acoustic guitar, as she has always wanted one of her own.  It was a grand celebration filled with family.


Two down and two more to go!  We have birthday parties back to back Saturday and Sunday.  I am already exhausted just thinking about it!  Tomorrow we will celebrate my sweet and shy nephew, Joey's eighth birthday.  I am not sure as to where all the time went as I was thinking he would be turning six until I realized that later this month his baby brother, Ace, will be turning five.  So, I called my Mom from the store to find out exactly how old he would be and was shocked when she said eight. 


Sunday we will be celebrating my favorite child in the world's (beside my own children that is) 12th birthday.  The young man I speak of is another one of my nephews, my precious Shelton.  Now this is where I have a hard time believing it has been 12 years since the first time I held him in my arms, in the hospital, on October 6, 2002!  Watching him grow and emerge into the kind, caring, loving, and imaginative young man he is has truly been a blessing to me.


Now you know my Word of the Week, what would yours be and why?  Link up your WotW < at that website. That is where you can find the rules and all of the other great blog posts.  A big thanks to Jocelyn Readings for hosting this blog hop every Friday. Make sure to check out her blog > The Reading Resident.



© 2014 Lysa Wilds 



No comments:

Post a Comment