Translate

Friday, February 14, 2014

Guinea Book of World Records

   

 About two years ago my daughters and I were eating a big pasta dinner with my parents.  My Dad was really hungry and finished his meal in record time.  Brooklynn looked at him in amazement and said, “Pepa, you’re the fastest pasta eater in the world.  You should be in the Guinea Book of World Records!”
     I laughed hysterically as my Dad choked on his last bite of food and began to chuckle himself.  I quickly explained to her that Guinea was a derogatory word towards Italians.  I went on to make sure she understood what I was saying and that the name of the book was Guinness World Records.
     We were still kind of laughing when she looked at me with a serious face and stated, “I shouldn't read that book anymore!”  We were all completely hysterical then.
     Her Pepa bought her the Guinness World Record Book for Christmas that year.

©2014 Lysa Wilds

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Out of the mouths of babes. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favorite stories! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to talk...LOL. You should have told me you were blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do need to talk! I'll send you a private message on FB! I just started blogging and don't really know what I'm doing but it's fun!

      Delete