Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Epic Fail First Day as a Freshman

   

 I tried my best to prepare my 14 year old daughter for her first days as a lowly freshman in high school.  Her step-mom joined us for the pep rally and orientation.  We even toured the campus to show her where her classes, bathrooms, locker room, lunch room, etc where.  After all the school really hasn’t changed since I was a freshman there.
     We really thought she was prepared and would be just fine.  Her step-mom dropped her off the first day of school and she was to take the bus home to my house that afternoon.  Sounds easy enough right?
      She couldn't figure out how to open her locker.  (It took over a week before a friend showed her how.)  Then she ended the day with an epic fail!  She forgot her bus number and instead of just looking for her friends that live in our neighborhood she freaks out and runs to the bookstore.  She waited in line for 30 minutes to get her bus number.  By the time she finally got her bus number all of the buses had left the school.  Her step-mom rescued her and brought her home to me.
      When she finally arrived home she found her bus schedule and bus number taped to her bedroom door and I made her write the bus number on every binder and folder she had in her backpack.  She is definitely a mini me and should have been born with blonde hair just like me.
       There will be more stories about Miss Brooklynn and her high school adventures she comes home every day with another hilarious story and yes they are true…my poor Peanut!

©2014 Lysa Wilds

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor thing! Hopefully she realized that there are so many other kids just like her on the first day. My daughter was nervous too. She realized that there would be so many more people than what she was used to in middle school. Fortunately, her school has a mentor program and all freshmen are assigned upper classmen to help answer questions for them via phone, email, etc. I am so glad. And can you believe it, her school doesn't have any lockers! The kids have to carry everything with them every day, all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy. Brooklynn is always tripping and falling and the worse possible times bless her heart. This year is just horrible for her. She laughed at the story I wrote.

    ReplyDelete