Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Planning a simple wedding to OMG we have invited how many people? Do we even know that many people? LOL



  When Kenny and I first got engaged we decided that we wanted a real wedding…the wedding neither of us have had before.  Little did I know how much work it was going to be?  In the first four months of planning I was burnt out and just wanted to elope until one day I realized I had it all planned I just needed to start organizing and buying everything.
      So I started my shopping and little by little I’ve checked off things that need to be done.  I have my dress, my Maid-of-Honor and Bridesmaids have their dresses, even my Flower Girl has her dress.  I have accomplished a lot more than I thought and was so very proud of me…then we got our invitations back from the printer.  After four tedious hours of addressing and stuffing envelopes my fingers and wrist hurt.
      We handed a few out to friends and relatives and I gathered up the ones we need to mail.  I counted them so I would know how many stamps to buy and could estimate the cost.  I was in shock…we were mailing 57 invitations and were handing out about 43 other invitations.  Yes I know we ordered 100 invitations but I wasn’t thinking anything of it.
      This got me thinking if we are sending out that many invitations how many people would be attending if they all showed up.  That’s when I started laughing hysterically because I didn’t know what else to do!  I won’t tell you the total number of people but I will say that everyone on my list likes to procreate because there are 29 children invited and those are just the ones I know for sure will be there.
      Kenny and I say we don’t have many friends but we obviously just prefer to stay at home.  I went through the list and every person I invited I really want to be there.  I know my family in New Jersey and Colorado probably won’t be able to make it even though I would love for them to be there as well.  I may not see the people I invited to my wedding everyday or even once a year but they are people who have always had a special place in my heart. 

      Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t complaining about how many people we invited I was just in shock!  This definitely is going to be the wedding of our dreams because everything we have wanted has just fallen into place with almost no effort it seems.  Also, looking at our guest list we will be celebrating with the people who have always had a special place in both of our hearts.  Now that is a dream wedding!

©2014 Lysa Wilds

No comments:

Post a Comment