Translate

Friday, November 14, 2014

My Word of the Week for Friday, November 14, 2014

Being blessed with so many loving and caring people in my life along with Veterans Day this week my word of the week just had to be:




Monday started off my week with a photo shoot with my talented sister, Melissa, behind the camera.  Her Facebook status about it reads, “I did a photo shoot for my sister…just because she is beautiful!  Here are a few of my favorites.”  But in all honesty she gave me the ego boost I was looking for and helped to get me out of the slump I was in.  I am very grateful to have such an amazing friend in my sister!  Below are her favorite pictures from our wonderful afternoon together…





With Tuesday, being Veterans Day I wrote the poem below for all who have and continue to serve our country in the United States Military to show my gratitude for not only their service but the sacrifices they have made. 


American Soldiers

By: Lysa Wilds

Without a question or a doubt,

They gave us all they had to give.

Their sacrifices were not small,

As they sacrificed it all.

Their homes, their lives, their families,

They sacrificed everything.

Just as some sacrificed their dreams,

Some battle scars cannot be seen.

Our soldiers young and our soldiers old,

Fought for our freedoms so brave and so bold.

They fought through day as well as night,

They fought for us and all of our rights.

As some still live while others have died,

American Soldiers deserve nothing but our pride.

Even though we might not know their names,

We owe them all for all they gave.

© Copyright 2014 Lysa Wilds
All Rights Reserved

I am also grateful to have spent some quality time with my Mom on her vacation week.  We spent the afternoon at the local library where I needed to get a library card and then we searched for books to read.  Although she seemed to be annoyed at me for moving so slow we enjoyed each other’s company.

My husband is so very supportive and understanding when it comes to my disease and takes very good care of me.  I have so much love and gratitude for him that there are times when I am really sick that I wonder if he knows how much he means to me.

I am grateful for all of the hosts of the link ups and blog hops for which I participate.  You have helped me to grow my blogging community and I love reading everyone else’s posts each and every week.
.
Last but definitely not least I am so very grateful for the fellow bloggers and “fans” of my blog that leave me comments and share my posts.  For if it wasn’t for their wonderful support I don’t know what I would do.  So thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

 xx
 Lysa

© Copyright 2014 Welcome to My Circus/Lysa Wilds
All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment